The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 06 Oct 2026, 09:00

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:13 

Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 17:06
Posts: 124
I'm not sure what the protocol is but as someone who's just joined the forum I thought I should quickly introduce myself .

My names Gary, I served in the SAAF in the early 80's and have fond memories of those times. I now build plastic kits as a hobby and SAAF aircraft are a favourite of mine. I'm currently busy building a model of the aircraft shelters at the end of the runway at Ondangwa and will build two 1/72 Mirage F1s to put in the diorama. I'll start a build thread in the relevant forum area soon.

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:48 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2004, 17:19
Posts: 8570
Hi Gary

Welcome to the SAAF Forum. :D

don't forget to upload photos of your build. :smt023


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:56 
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2007, 16:57
Posts: 5443
Location: ILS RWY19, FACT (Cape Town)
Hiya Gary :smt006

A big hearty welcome to the forum :smt023

Looking forward to seeing those sweet French F1's ...

_________________
Brent Best


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 18:07 

Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 11:50
Posts: 4256
Welcome on board Gary. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2011, 20:01 
User avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2008, 16:47
Posts: 1239
Location: Somerset West, South Africa
Hello and welcome! :smt023

_________________
[Sardine]
My Photos: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/member ... .php?p=882
Blog: http://the-flying-fish.blogspot.com/, UPDATED on 13 August 2013


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group