The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 06 Oct 2026, 08:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Instruments of surrender
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 07:43 
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2005, 08:40
Posts: 3480
Location: New Zealand
I've often wondered; do the instruments of surrender of the following conflicts still exist and if so, where are they?

* Versailles 1919
* France 1940
* Germany 1945
* Japan 1945

_________________
A plan is simply a basis for change.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 10:03 
User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 23:59
Posts: 4268
Location: 34º 05' 54" S 18º 22' 49"E
H1017412 wrote:
Japan 1945


There's a copy of the Japanese surrender document in the Simon's Town naval museum.
Most unimpressive document!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 11:52 
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2005, 08:40
Posts: 3480
Location: New Zealand
Eugene wrote:
H1017412 wrote:
Japan 1945


Most unimpressive document!


In what sense?

_________________
A plan is simply a basis for change.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 14:17 
User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 23:59
Posts: 4268
Location: 34º 05' 54" S 18º 22' 49"E
H1017412 wrote:
In what sense?


Lacks a sense of grandeur, I suppose. I have not got a very good image of it - totally out of focus but I'll post what I have and you can judge.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 14:29 
User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 23:59
Posts: 4268
Location: 34º 05' 54" S 18º 22' 49"E
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Instrument_of_Surrender

None of those looks like the one I posted! Ah well, maybe Kremlin will clear it up!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group